Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hello (hello hello) is there anybody out there?

As of today, only about three people (who know me) know that I have a blog AND know the web address. I've been pretty secretive about the blog. I've had two separate friends ask me if it's because I am not wanting others to read it because I use it to rant. I've always got a rant in my head. But is this really the place to air it?

I'm a bit amazed at what people are willing to say on their blog because PEOPLE, IT IS OUT THERE. I mean "Publish Post" does not mean close the journal, turn the key and stick it in the bottom drawer of your dresser.

So yes, I may rant from time to time. But, I'm still not willing to write anything I REALLY don't want someone (being anyone whom I might know) seeing. I haven't actually put my name on this blog yet. And yes, I've googled the address and blog name to see if I come up--I don't. While people may not find it on their own, I may want to share the fact that I am blogging with someone at some point. And when I do, I don't want that someone to read a bunch of rants where I over-processed the relationship or interactions that I have had with them. Anyway, that's what I have Nick for.

All this got me thinking, who is my audience? Given that I haven't told anyone about this site--the answer may be YOU HAVE NO AUDIENCE. However, I actually received a few comments from people I didn't know on my first post. Maybe it was better written than any of my more recent posts. Or maybe people are out there and just not commenting. There isn't much to comment on. But, I am wondering, if you're out there, who are you? And what would you be willing to say on your blog?

No comments: