Friday, August 11, 2006

Raised Supports

The whole house smells like clean laundry. This morning I went to the laundromat and finally washed two rugs that have been waiting for the trip for the better part of a year (or more). After an hour in the super-dryers, I brought the damp rugs home and draped them across our furniture to dry in front of fans. It's nice to have items like this scratched from the to-do list. To reward myself (and pass the time), I allowed myself to get a fashion magazine. It's always nice to have an excuse.

So, this afternoon I continued to do what I've been doing for the last two weeks--books. I've attached two pictures of raised support bindings. Smith's book gave directions for working with a frame. But given my impatience with waiting for a frame, I let my fingers and waxed linen twist and knot in my attempts to get it started. Once underway, it was much easier...until I got to the adding covers part. My supports were too short and I'm unsure about the strength of the covers. Luckily, since I don't use a lot of the books I make-which is an issue in itself-it shouldn't be a problem.

The first (and somewhat finished) book was the struggle I mentioned above.

The second is still in progress. I'm not sure how I'm going to use my longer supports to create a stronger cover. But I will.

No comments: