Monday, September 25, 2006

The View

Every day at 11am, "The View" is on TV. For years, if I am around and not doing something better, I'll catch the first 10-20 minutes for the "Hot Topics." If there is someone good on, I may watch more, but I often turn it off after that first segment.

Meredith was my favorite on the show. She reminded me of my aunt....and for some reason when I think about that, I remember an early show where Meredith discussed her underwear preferences and put a (new) pair on her head. I can honestly say, I haven't had underwear preference conversations with my aunt, nor have I seen her where them on her head. I think maybe the association comes from first telling her that she reminded me of Meredith and then having that be one of the next episodes. Who knows. Anyway, Meredith has now left to join the Today Show. Good choice NBC.

Anyway, I digress. As I said, I've watched the beginning of this show on and off for years. (Often with someone-either Nick or Mom-complaining that they talk over each other too much.) This morning I noticed that they've been on the air for 10 years. TEN YEARS! Oh my god. Have I been watching this for ten years? I remember when Barbara Walters started the show...which means that yes, I probably have been.

It is random things like this that remind me of my age.

No comments: