Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Beautiful Poppies (and friends)

Thank you to all of you who commented. I have never had so many comments (which really says more about me and my content than it says about any of you). I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them. In fact, I have put off posting so that more of you can find it as the "most recent" post and respond. Silly, huh?

Nick and I have had probably the most complicated series of months that we have had in our lives. My energy is thin, but I think of you all and love hearing from you, seeing your own posts, and staying in touch even if it isn't much. Thanks for still checking in. I know that I don't do very well with keeping in touch these days. I promise that in time I'll get better.

Anyway, our poppies are blooming. It is a perfect reason for being here now. In fact, everything is blooming and we only wish we had more physical endurance and strength to be out in the gardens every day. Well, and not so many other random life consequences preventing us from doing much more than balancing logistics.... But anyway. Here are some pictures. Enjoy. Also, I'm posting the poem Andrea commented with because I love it. (Thanks, Andrea!)I continue to look for (and recognize) the perfect day.






Gift

A day so happy.
Fog lifted early, I worked in the garden.
Hummingbirds were stopping over honeysuckle flowers.
There was no thing on earth I wanted to possess.
I knew no one worth my envying him.
Whatever evil I had suffered, I forgot.
To think that once I was the same man did not embarrass me.
In my body I felt no pain.
When straightening up, I saw the blue sea and sails.

Czeslaw Milosz

No comments: