Friday, June 22, 2007

End of June

I can't believe that it is already the end of June. Where the hell did this month go?

We have been at my parents' house for a few days now. Recovery continues to go well. Nothing too significant to note. I do feel pretty good, but I have noticed that evenings and nights tend to be a big harder. I think that after a day of doing what I feel capable of doing, I feel worn out. So, today I am just resting: reading, listening, searching and typing online.

For as still and slow as this month has been, it has been a pretty significant month in the story of us. So, I guess I'm a bit curious what is significant about your month. What happened, was accomplished, decided or whatever that was monumental to you and your life over the last three weeks? I know I'm not the only one with big things going on.

We'll be back home in a week and a few days and I am sure that things will look different. Hopefully, now that there has actually been some rain, that will include a beautiful lush garden. Jess was kind enough to take capture these from our home in the mountains. I thought I'd post a few.

Swiss chard and lettuce:


Our abundant day lillies:


Climbing clematis:


Lillies:


Unidentified plant (let me know if you have an idea!):

2 comments:

andrea said...

that's feverfew! good for migraines, though I don't know how you take it (tea from leaves? roots? dunno).

this has been a pretty uneventful month for me. we've hired a babysitter, which has had the effect of evening out what had been a stressful arrangement, me going back to work and all. but otherwise... just trying to keep track of a bunch of different projects at the same time. YOU know how it is.

so glad to hear you're feeling ok! do take it easy. recovery takes longer than you think it might.

beckarecka said...

Thanks Andrea and Marilyn for the identification! I am thoroughly loving learning these things now that we have a garden. And, you both told me the same thing, so I REALLY believe you. :)