Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Virtual Quilt #1

Last fall I posted a picture of my first attempt at quilting. I have nearly finished the hand quilting of that one and once it is completed and bound, I'll post another picture. Lately, I starting to play with the scraps that were left over from that project.

Below is the first of several virtual quilt tops. I do have a total of 40 squares completed with two different patterns. I'm trying to decide if I want one large quilt that incorporates them both or if I want to keep them separate. This first uses only one of the square sets. (I'll work to get the others up over the next couple of days.)

3 comments:

Erin said...

That quilt is gorgeous! This is a pattern you created? Or found? And by "virtual quilt" do you mean that's a picture of your guide, or a picture of what you've actually pieced?

beckarecka said...

I made the pattern up as I went. By "Virtual quilt" I mean that the picture is of 20 8X8 squares. I have completed all of the squares, I just haven't put them together into a top yet. I photoshopped them together to see what they'd look like.
Thanks!

jess said...

Amazing, I want to hear more about the photoshop process later. I love the idea of the large quilt that fits your bed...unless, you want to make 2 and give me one, which would be fine too! The colors are beautiful and i love each design.