Friday, November 23, 2007

Handmade Pledge

You may have noticed a new little badge on my side bar. I took the handmade pledge this weekend, pledging to go handmade (whether my own or someone else's hands) this Christmas in the gift-giving. Having recently started an Etsy shop, of course I think it would be great if everyone wanted to do this. And really, with so many great artists out there....why wouldn't you?

There are many great ways to find fabulous handmade gifts. Etsy is a great place to start. Here are a few handmade suggestions for this year. These are some of the items that have caught my eye and maybe they will catch yours as well, reminding you of that special someone on your list.

Handspun yarn is a fabulous gift for anyone who loves to knit. Jess hand dyes and spins all of her yarn and does an amazing job. Currently, her shop is empty, but keep watching...with any luck, she'll replenish in time for gift giving.

zoukou

I love these little elephants. I first saw them on another blog and then eventually found them on etsy. I think they're adorable and I would love a set of three myself. The artist also has some owls, bunnies and whales. Check them out here.



I think that these pendants are great. There are many great designs and they aren't very expensive. They would make great stocking stuffers or a fabulous gift for a friend who's personal taste can be captured on a pendant.

Tree on Orange Pendant - Small
Tree on Orange Pendant - Small

These prints are a lot of fun. And apparently the little bearded men that caught my attention in the first place will be updated in the shop this week. This is an upclose of one of the prints. I love the simplicity of them all.


One more that you should definitely check out is Jodean's shop. She is selling adorable baby hats, booties and more. Like us, they are adopting from Vietnam and that is definitely worth supporting. So, if you know any cute babies who need some fabulous knitted wears this season, take a look!

Fuzzy Bunny Hat

One more shop to check:
Woolagain. There are some unique presents and definitely a great concept...repurposing old wool sweaters. I love this scarf, and I am sure it is mighty warm.


Over the next couple of weeks, I'll post other sites that are of interest to me. I'll also let you know if I put anything new up on my etsy shop. In the meantime, I'll also work on some better descriptive words so that as I do introduce some new find I am not just calling everything "fabulous" or "amazing."



No comments: