Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Simple Things

Anyone who has been in my car probably remembers the screeeech when I start the car. (I'm sure that if you don't remember recall the sound, it is only because you were probably too overstimulated by the dirtiness to notice.) I can't say for sure when it started because I don't actually remember a time when it didn't happen. Every time I am completely aware of it and as nonchalant as I try to be, I absolutely hate it. This bit of hyper-sensitivity has lead me to realize though that in the last two weeks, something has changed, but I can't figure out what. In addition to some other new quirks, the screeeech is only happening about half of the time. I can't even tell you the physical peace my body feels when it doesn't happen, but I love it. And every time, it makes me smile. This is just one example of how something so seemingly simple really can make my day. I hope you have a few of those as well.

No comments: