Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday

Today has been an incredibly quiet day given the magnitude of today's accomplishment. All of our paperwork has been sent to Vietnam and we are officially waiting for our child's referral! It feels wonderful.

And yet, today has been quiet and I'm not sure what I want to be doing with my time. I have books to work on. I have books to read. I have laundry to fold. I have a house that could be cleaned. I am a bit chilly--although its pretty warm outside. I am ready to make dinner but it isn't quite time. I would be sewing right now, but the sewing machine and I are at odds. As patient as I am, it just doesn't want to work with me. I am ready for a new machine. When I was given this one for my birthday a few years ago, we decided that once I proved that I really enjoyed sewing, and it was needed, we could upgrade. Unfortunately, leaving your job and buying a new sewing machine seem like a strange pair of events. So, I probably won't do that. I may just keep wishing that my current machine will get out of its grumpy mood and work already.

I haven't done much for my Christmas presents yet. I had planned to make several using the sewing machine. I may need to rethink some of my gifts. Instead, I have been working on some book commissions as well as some books and earrings to put on etsy. As soon as I have new things up, I'll let you know.

No comments: