Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Local Antiques


This morning I took myself on an artist date to a local antique mall. The concept of an artist date is something that I found in the book "The Artist's Way", which I'm currently reading. Anyway, the idea is that every week I'll go on some kind of artist date by myself. The last two weeks didn't really happen...I had an exclusive couch date. Now that I am doing better, I knew I wanted to do something I hadn't done in a while. So, I took my camera, $20 for some splurging on me and headed in town. Above is a montage of some of the many pictures I took and one picture of my splurg. So, I have several more of these artist dates coming up, but not a ton of ideas. If you have any thoughts of what could be a fun (must be free or super cheap) artist date, I'd love to hear your ideas.

 

2 comments:

hippiepotomus said...

I recommend a junk yard, though you usually have to get permission before starting. Some of my favorite photographs are from junkyards.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

What fun! mmm as odd as this may sound as a Artist Date idea, what about the public Library! Shelf after shelf of books! Ideas, information etc. and its totally free. I think it would be a great place for taking pictures as well!