Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Its 35 degrees

and I am sitting outside. Tonight when we returned after being away for dinner, we realized that we had left the garage door open and basement light on. If you have been to our house, you realize that is the first thing you see when you pull into our driveway. I guess we had left in a hurry. It was great, a spotlight on all of the tools and the open door into our house.

Well, while we were gone a bird came to visit. And then somehow made it upstairs into the house. Our living room has a vaulted ceiling with plenty of beams for perching. This has been going on for about 30 minutes and I'm not sure what we're going to do. Nick is throwing things at it and I am trying to stay out of the line of fire--whether flying objects or bird poop.

Has this ever happened to you? What would you do? And why won't this damn bird fly towards one of the open doors?

Update (20 minutes later): He's out of the house now. We finally managed to chase him into an upstairs bedroom that did not have a vaulted ceiling. Nick stunned him with a swat and was able to let him out the window. I was watching through a door knob hole. It was humorous, but I'm happy its over. Now I can go to bed.

No comments: