Thursday, March 06, 2008

Up Next


I have cut all of the pieces of a new quilt that I have started. Next comes the sewing the pieces into squares and then from squares to a quilt top. Its big and there are many pieces, so it may be a while before I have a quilt top to show.

However, I did manage a mini one with the same fabrics. After I was finished cutting all of my pieces I had some great strips left, so I created this doll-sized quilt top. I'll finish it sometime before too long.


As a kid I had a beautiful wooden doll bed with a quilt that my mom (or grandmother...I need to check on that) had made. Now it will have two quilts! Whether it ends up being for a daughter or granddaughter (thinking way into the future) I think it will make a special present someday. Or who knows...maybe I'll have a boy who loves dolls...that could work, too.

1 comment:

hippiepotomus said...

Do I see curved pieces? How do you sew curved pieces...I've been dying to learn.