Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What I'm Working On...

Last fall I started cutting these squares, and finally finished sewing them all together....just in time to possibly cut them all a apart again. I need some other opinions. I have a total of 80 squares. Forty look like this:



And forty look like this:



I know that I want to put them all together into one quilt...I like the idea of having something bright and busy. So, if I put the squares I currently have together, they will look like this:



If I decide instead to cut the squares in four and put them back together again, then I'd have forty that look something like this:



and this:



And all together they would like this:

So, what do you think? Should I take the squares one step further or leave them alone? Or, do you have some other ideas of how they should be put together. I'd love some feedback!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

ooooooh, they are both beautiful... but I especially like the extra step blocks. It adds a nice prism effect. Are you using your new machine for this? I just packaged your book-ready for mailing!

Matthew said...

i also am a fan of both, but i think the first actually looks busier and because of that i like it the best...m

Erin said...

i think i like the second. but i love both.

hippiepotomus said...

I actually like the first one better. But they are both definitely beautiful. I really like the colors you choose, so different from mine! How the hell do you get them to line up so perfectly...measuring, pinning, and ironing aren't my favorite things despite having made close to 50 quilts. Oh well.