Thursday, April 17, 2008

One year (yesterday)

Nick's car accident happened one year ago, yesterday. One. Year. I can't believe it was only a year ago and I can't believe its already been a year. I am so thankful that he's made a full recovery....with only a bit of nerve-tingling that will likely not go away, but doesn't seem to be present all of the time. To celebrate his returned strength and mobility, he played his first softball game of the season last night.

Unfortunately, he did stop by the ER last night though. When I talked to him on the phone after the game I made some comment about how winning a softball game was much better than sitting in an ER. His response was that he was actually leaving the ER at the moment. Our friend, Tom, had a run in with the third baseman and needed to make a trip to the ER. I don't know how serious the injuries are so I won't make mention in case I am wrong. I just hope he's feeling better soon.

And, I'm so thankful that Nick is back to himself. Here is another picture from our time in Charleston, at Magnolia Plantation.

No comments: