Monday, May 05, 2008

Indigo Bunting



One day last spring I looked out the window and saw a brilliant blue bird in our driveway. I really wanted to know what it was and when some friends asked me if I had seen an indigo bunting (or cobalt bunting--which I can't find in print and must be a regional name), I knew that I had. I didn't see another one all summer.

This year, I bought bird seed that was supposedly something that the buntings like, and still had not seen any....until today. I happened to look out the window into the yard and saw a small, bright blue indigo bunting under a tree. I watched it until it left...satisfied that they're still around and that I may get to see one again. However, I still haven't seen it near the bird seed I put out specifically for them!

The picture is not mine. I found it through google images and now am not sure which site I pulled it from.

1 comment:

Erin said...

hooray! i'm so glad you saw one. i haven't seen one it years. but they're so fun to see.