Monday, July 21, 2008

Blackberry Jam



Today, for the first time, I made Jam. Jess was ever-so-kind to teach me how and let me use her kitchen. At the end we had 50 jars of blackberry jam. I think last year we used maybe 5-6 total...and I don't remember having any. But, I know Nick will love it and a good friend reminded me this evening of the yumminess of baked brie....so I think I'll definitely be eating my share soon enough. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to add grape and peach to the jam/jelly stock. Summer canning has begun!

2 comments:

Laura Boll Peifer said...

must be the day for canning-- we just did blueberry-raspberry jam today! it's so satisfying to see all the jars lined up when you're finished!

hippiepotomus said...

that is one heck of a lot of blackberries! Whoa! You must have one heck of a patch. Congratulations on your foray into jam-making!