Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Random Thoughts

My god, its July.

People here definitely don't adhere to the Pittsburgh Left.

It's July 1st, and only about 72 degrees. Lovely.

This is my 300th post.

I need to start taking interesting pictures again.

We've started into our downstairs house projects.

Twice now I've found our neighbor's dog wondering around inside my house.

I'm ready to actually eat more than just lettuce and berries from the garden.

I started a stained glass project yesterday. First one in over a year and a half.

I enjoy mowing the grass.

________________________

I haven't had much to write about lately. Lost in my head. Lost in a few books. I have been creating and finishing up some projects and someday I'll post some of them. No big plans for the weekend yet. So, tell me, silent reader, what are you doing for the holiday weekend? Please entertain me with a comment about your weekend plans or the weekend plans you wish you had.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My parents are on their way out of town on Thursday, leaving me in charge of the entertainment and nourishment of my 93-year-old grandmother -- so in the interest of finding something to do that is both geriatric- and toddler-friendly for the 4th, I think we'll have a picnic on a hilltop somewhere and watch the fireworks. And one of us will drink milk.

G & I were in TN for the last week at the Shakerag Arts Camp, where G was teaching a weeklong workshop in interactive visualization; I'd hoped we could swing our drive to/fro to include an overnight with yinz but in the end G had way too much crap on his plate and we had to take the more direct route. :( I was google-mapping your house, though, and my it looks pretty where you are. Your photos have been lovely, too.

What's the stained glass project? I miss glass. Haven't touched it in almost 2 years.

The Wards said...

Not sure yet of our plans. Was that 3 years ago we had the block party? Two years ago today Mali was baptized. We suddenly have the pressure to do every possible thing we have ever wanted to do or do again in Pittsburgh. But do we really want to be so busy? Or spending so much money? Does it really matter if we don't have pancakes at Pamela's again? What is the best use of our time right now, especially when there is so much to do and two little girls hungry for our attention.